Easy Exercise Regimes For Neglected Body Parts
When we work out we all think about gaining a figure like our favourite celebrity, but we quite often neglect to look after other parts of our bodies like our face, feet and even our breasts. Here are some exercises that you probably didn’t think of trying, and will leave you looking fabulous.
If you can’t afford the easy alternative of Botox, like the rich and famous, because let’s face it – most of us can’t, then this may be the solution for you. Facial Yoga will help to relax and tone your neglected facial muscles AND get rid of those laughter lines. Here are some simple exercises to try:
- Gain a smooth forehead by widening your eyes as much as possible. This will work the muscles of the forehead and around the eyes and reverse the negative effects of scowling.
- Firm your cheeks by puffing them out like a frog. This will strengthen the cheek muscles and prevent them from becoming hollow.
- Get rid of crow’s feet by winking your lower eyelid. This one is a bit more tricky, but firms the skin around your eyes which folds to create wrinkles.
- Lift nasal and labial folds by giving a big toothy smile and pressing your fingertips into the creases between your nose and lips. Push upwards to keep cheeks plump and youthful.
- Prevent your chin and neck sagging by pressing the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, then smile and swallow while you point your chin to the ceiling. This will help to tighten your jaw.
- Rest your face as though you are sleeping. Keeping your face in a neutral unlined state will help to relax facial lines caused by various expressions throughout the day.
Many people wouldn’t think it, but looking after your feet is very important. They are our foundations after all. Maintaining the arches of our feet is one way of looking after them, because dropped arches can cause people a lot of pain. Here’s a little exercise that can be done sitting down or standing up to try to keep those arches in pristine condition:
- Place your feet in a parallel position, and keep your toes relaxed.
- Pull the balls and heels of your feet towards each other, the arch should rise as though a balloon is inflating in the gap. Hold for ten seconds.
- Release the arch and repeat the exercise a few times each day.
Looking for a way to prevent your boobs from sagging? Or just looking for some tips to make yours look better? Well, here is one very simple breast firming exercise, called the prayer position, that you can do while watching the TV:
- Sit with a straight back and place your hands into a prayer position.
- Keep your elbows out, don’t let them drop, and push your hands together until you feel some tension in your chest muscles.
- You should feel your bust rise a little bit.
- Relax and then repeat 10 – 12 times a day.
Add these exercises to your fitness regime to leave you looking youthful and feeling great! Know of any other exercises for frequently overlooked body parts? Share your tips and advice in the comments!
Abby Blackburn is a blogger from Newcastle upon Tyne who enjoys reading, writing, socialising and dancing, while occasionally finding wonderful and wacky new exercise regimes to try.